Work With Us
At Root Camp, we are able to offer a variety of Internship opportunities.
Responsibilities might include social media marketing, Newsletter and Blog content writing, website updates and various administrative duties. Internships might last from one day of shadowing, to a one/two week placement where you will develop a small project of your own.
Please enquire at email@example.com with subject line “Intern Opportunity” for more information.
As a charity, we thrive on our community support. On each of our Root Camp courses we are looking for energetic, interested volunteers to accompany and oversee our groups.
What you will get out of it:
- Be able to take part in all activities (foraging, fishing, preparing wild meat, bee-keeping) and will experience all the aspects of a Root Camp course.
- Improve your skills in working with young people from all backgrounds – as well as gaining an insight into the foodie sector.
- Embellish your CV and, potentially, further your interests and set yourself up for further involvement with Root Camp.
- Enjoy a week of fantastic food, good company and valuable challenges – a working holiday.
- We’ll reimburse your travel costs for the week.
Responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the daily timetable is followed.
- Liaise with Root Camp staff on any issues that may arise
- Be an active conduit between field leaders/chefs and groups (asking questions, joining in)
- Chaperone participants travelling by train and accompany them to the location of the Root Camp and back.
- Assist in creating a friendly and open atmosphere, one built on mutual respect and learning.
Please enquire to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Volunteer’ to learn more and apply.