This is a great recipe to please everyone – vegetarians and meat eaters alike. And quite fun to make!
Makes enough for 6 people
- Drain the beans and place them in a large saucepan. Fill with fresh cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-10 until tender.
- Meanwhile place the raw beans in a food processor and pulse until more or less smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and repeat the process for the cooked drained beans.
- Add the garlic, coriander, parsley, cumin, coriander seed, flour, egg and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well and season.
- Shape into balls the size of a walnut. Flatten to 2cm thick and 5 cm diameter.
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a plate and coat the falafel all over.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and when hot add the falafel in batches. Fry until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.