Education Outreach Coordinator Wanted
Part-time, 3 days per week (21 hours a week)
Salary: £16,800 (FTE £28,000)
Start date: ASAP
Location: Borough, London
Who we are:
The Root Camp Foundation is a charity for young people (aged 15-21 years) and is a response to the growing disconnection between food and its source that exists across all social groups.
Root Camp is a unique cookery school. Our field-to-table courses are structured around three main activities: cooking, growing, and debate. We have been offering residential six-day cooking courses since 2010 and we have ambitious plans for growth. Root Camp has a proven positive impact on young people’s eating habits, care and understanding of the natural environment, self-esteem and readiness for independent living.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable individual to increase Root Camp’s presence in the education sector and to grow our partnerships with educational institutions. You will establish new relationships with schools, catering colleges, academies, etc. to encourage student participation in Root Camp courses. Root Camp is currently growing our bursary programme, so you will be responsible for ensuring uptake. You will champion participants keen to develop their careers and/ or education in the catering and food sector by establishing clear links to the Root Camp network. You will also work with the Root Camp Director to develop a system of accreditation for our courses. The role has much scope for development as Root Camp is going through an exciting period of growth and transition.
- Maintain and develop contacts in the education sector, e.g. schools, academies, colleges (particularly catering colleges) and universities
- Work with partners to identify and support participation on Root Camp through the bursary programme
- Act as a focal point for young people after courses as their champion and advocate, creating opportunities for them through the Root Camp network
- Develop system of accreditation for all participants that attend and complete Root Camp
- Marketing to educational institutions, including developing and delivering presentations to student groups.
- Working with educational press and non-government/ government education and welfare organisations.
- Understanding of and proven experience in the UK education sector.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to represent Root Camp independently and comfortably in a range of settings.
- Experience working with young people.
- A wide network within the UK education sector.
- Interest in sustainability, nutrition and/or food (desirable)
- Experience of engagement and outreach work in the third sector (desirable)
For further information on this role, please call Cassia or Annu on 020 3567 1039.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter (max one A4 page) and CV (max 2 A4 pages) to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 14th March 2018
Interview Dates: Monday 19th March 2018 and Tuesday 20th March 2018