Fantastic feedback from 2014 Root Campers!
In autumn 2014, we composed a questionnaire, which we sent to all our alumni. We did offer bribe to encourage a good response – a Flint and Flame Knife, worth £130. James Cunningham-Smith won it. The three runners up – Abigail Owusu, Emily Armes, Lottie Carter – received Rubies in the Rubble Chutney (made from unwanted fruit and veg). And here are some of the responses from the questionnaire.
“One of the Best Experiences you could have in your life”
“A great experience with a bunch of new people, creating and learning about the food we all enjoy” “I would like to say thank you for possibly the best experience of my life & opening my eyes to the exciting world of food.”
And here are few more interesting figures regarding Root Camp:
- 100% of students are still cooking
- 94% of students have said that Root Camp has changed their eating habits for the better
- 76% of students said that Root Camp has given them confidence
- 71% of students said that Root Camp improved their teamwork skills
- 76% of students said that Root Camp helped give them independence
- 71% of students said that Root Camp helped with their social skills
- 65% of students said that Root Camp helped with their initiative
- 100% of all students who have taken HE at school said that Root Camp was vastly better in comparison • 63% of students have used Root Camp on their CVs
- 47% of students have said that Root Camp has affected their decisions with jobs and career
- 82% of students have said that Root Camp has affected where and how they buy food i.e buying more organic and free-range products
- 88% of students said that they now consider the sustainability and seasonality of food.