Work With Us
We are always busy over winter, as we are planning courses for the next year. It is an incredible time for an intern to step in and gain experience in a fast-paced, fun and rewarding work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, social media marketing, Newsletter and Blog content writing, website updates and various administrative duties. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Intern Opportunity” for more information.
As a social enterprise, with ambitious bursary placement goals, we thrive on our community support.On each of our Root Camp courses we are looking for energetic, interested volunteers to accompany and oversee our groups.
What you will get out of it:
Although this is an unpaid position you will:
- Be able to take part in all activities (foraging, fishing, preparing wild meat, bee-keeping) and will experience all the aspects of a Root Camp course.
- Improve your skills in working with young people from all backgrounds – as well as gaining an insight into the foodie sector.
- Embellish your CV and, potentially, further your interests and set yourself up for further involvement with Root Camp.
- Enjoy a week of fantastic food, good company and valuable challenges – a working holiday.
Responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the daily timetable is followed.
- Liaise with Root Camp staff on any issues that may arise
- Be an active conduit between field leaders/chefs and groups (asking questions, joining in)
- Escort participants travelling by train (meet-up at Paddington) and accompany them to Totnes and back.
- Assist in creating a friendly and open atmosphere, one built on mutual respect and learning.
Please enquire to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Volunteer’ to learn more and apply.