This recipe is from our founder chef, Sylvain Jamois. Lamb Koftas are so incredibly tasty – give this a try!
2 small onions
1 small bunch of parsley
1 small bunch of mint, leaves only
750g lamb shoulder, finely minced
50g toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp grated nutmeg
1½ tsp black pepper
1½ tsp salt
Oil, to grease
- Grate the onions, and squeeze out most of the liquid through a sieve. Put in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint, and add.
- Mix in the meat, pine nuts, spices and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into fingers, patties, meatballs or around flat skewers, cover and chill for at least an hour, or up to 12 if you can.
- Heat a frying pan, griddle or barbecue greased with a little oil.
- Cook the kebabs until golden brown on all sides, and cooked through to your liking.
- Eat immediately with flatbreads and yoghurt.
Photo by Joe Woodhouse Photography