Everyone should be able to make a delicious focaccia. We love this recipe from our Teacher Chef Frank Hannon.
Makes 1 large loaf
400g strong white flour
100g fine ground semolina
300ml lukewarm water
half tbsp. caster sugar
50ml olive oil
- Place the flours and a teaspoon of salt into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the yeast and sugar to the lukewarm water and mix with a whisk. Leave this for a few minutes. When it start to foam pour it into the flour mixing as you go.
- As soon as the ingredients are mixed well, knead vigorously until you have a smooth dough.
- Now cover in a bowl and leave for minimum 30 mins to rise.
- Oil a baking tray and preheat the oven to 200c
- When the dough has risen transfer to the baking tray, flatten (a topping can be added at this stage if desired)
- Bake for 20 mins and check. It should be close to ready at this point.