Business Development Manager Wanted
Gamechanging Opportunity Available at Root Camp
Be on the crest of changing food culture in the UK. Head up our funding strategy team – Root Camp is ready for expansion!
Job Title: Business Development Manager/Fundraiser.
Remuneration: Highly Competitive Package including salary and performance related bonus.
Start Date: September 2017 or as soon as possible.
Root Camp is a residential field-to-table cookery school for young people aged 15-21. Students spend half their time in the kitchen creating simple, healthy and cost effective meals from scratch that we eat together as a group. They spend the other half of their time working in the field – planting and harvesting, fishing, foraging, beekeeping – and more. An opportunity has arisen for an entrepreneurial fundraiser/business manager to join our team and help us expand.
As Root Camp has grown, the desire for a permanent venue to host our cookery school has become apparent as the means by which a greater audience could be reached, allowing us to teach and inspire more young people. A suitable building in North Devon has been identified with the help of the National Trust, and funds need to be sourced to match the generous contributions they have offered. We are looking for an aspirational, passionate member to join our team and help us develop our business via tackling the following key areas:
- To identify and consider key funding streams: Trusts and Foundations, Private Donors, Corporations, Crowd Funding, Events, Social Financing and Direct Marketing options.
- To assess and manage relationships with existing and new funders
- To put together an integrated Funding Strategy, and to develop new and creative approaches.
- To contribute to marketing initiatives including newsletters, bulleting and social media campaigns working with the support of Root Camp team, including the CEO, the Root Camp board, and with Design, Marketing and Social Media input.
- To recruit a supporting team member (intern) specifically brought in to assist in fulfilling fundraising targets.
- To assist with identifying and setting up new revenue streams for when the project is completed and the venue built.
For more information, download the full role description here.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org